We here at I Luv 2 Globe Trot are happy to announce a new initiative by the Institute of International Education whereby they will be offering a Contest which Offers $30,000 in Scholarships and Travel Prizes! Check out the below Press Release GlobeTrotters (GTs) and make sure to share wide and far. We here at I Luv 2 Globe Trot understand the importance to #GoStudyAbroad for the youth to open their horizons for the opportunity to become future globetrotters.
NEW YORK, NY, February 16, 2016 – Today the Institute of International Education (IIE), in partnership with Go Overseas and four leading study abroad and travel organizations, launched a nationwide campaign asking everyone who has ever studied abroad to encourage college students to study abroad by the time they graduate. Anyone can nominate students to #GoStudyAbroad through GoOverseas.com/GenerationStudyAbroad/Alumni or by tagging them on social media using the hashtag #GoStudyAbroad. The #GoStudyAbroad campaign is part of IIE’s Generation Study Abroad, a five-year initiative to double the number of students who study abroad by the end of the decade.
Students who enter the contest through GoOverseas.com/GenerationStudyAbroad can win a grand prize $10,000 scholarship to study anywhere in the world and a free roundtrip ticket, sponsored by IIE and STA Travel, among other travel prizes.
Less than 10% of U.S. students study abroad by the time they graduate from college. With 1 in 5 jobs linked to international trade and employers looking for global talent, more U.S. students must study abroad to broaden their perspectives, understand and tolerate different ways of life and succeed in today’s global workforce. College students who studied abroad are hired more quickly after graduation with higher starting salaries, more likely to land jobs in their fields, and less likely to be unemployed five years after graduation, according to several post-study abroad surveys and reports.
“I’m asking study abroad alumni to imagine how different their lives would be if they’d never studied abroad and then imagine the impact going abroad could have on a friend’s life if they convinced them to study overseas too,” said Dr. Allan E. Goodman, IIE’s President and CEO. “We need mentors, campus leaders, faculty and relatives, to inspire and motivate students to study abroad so that the next generation of Americans is prepared to thrive in our globalized world.”
IIE is calling on anyone who studied abroad to pay it forward by nominating college students to consider and/ or commit to studying abroad by the time they graduate. The goal is to mobilize at least 10,000 study abroad alumni to nominate students to #GoStudyAbroad. IIE and campaign partners AIFS Study Abroad, CET Academic Programs, IFSA-Butler, and STA Travel are targeting study abroad alumni, but anyone may nominate students to #GoStudyAbroad. Alumni who nominate students to study abroad through GoOverseas.com/GenerationStudyAbroad/Alumni are eligible to win a grand prize roundtrip international flight, sponsored by IFSA-Butler, among other travel prizes. The more students someone nominates, the better the chances to win.
“Our mission at Go Overseas is to inspire as many students as possible to engage in study abroad programs with meaningful cultural exchange. We passionately live and breathe this mission on a daily basis,” said Mitch Gordon, Go Overseas’ CEO and Co-Founder. “In partnership with IIE, our goal is to connect as many of our 30,000 daily and 900,000 monthly visitors as possible with study abroad programs that will change their lives, and the lives of those with whom they interact.”
The contest runs until March 31, 2016. Read the full terms and conditions at GoOverseas.com/GenerationStudyAbroad for official rules.
About the Institute of International Education
The Institute of International Education (IIE) is a world leader in the international exchange of people and ideas. IIE designs and implements programs of study and training for students, educators, young professionals and trainees from all sectors with funding from government agencies, foundations and corporations. IIE also conducts policy research and program evaluations, and provides advising and counseling on international education and opportunities abroad. An independent, not-for-profit organization founded in 1919, IIE has a network of 19 offices and affiliates worldwide and over 1,400 member institutions.
About Go Overseas
Go Overseas is the leading website for programs abroad. With over 30,000 daily and 900,000 monthly visitors, more people use Go Overseas to find life changing, meaningful travel programs than any other website in the world. Go Overseas incorporates reviews, interviews, articles and other community features to help people make informed and educated decisions when choosing travel programs. Most importantly, Go Overseas inspires people around the world to travel differently and to travel with a purpose.
How the #GoStudyAbroad Contest Works:
- The contest opens on February 16, 2016 and closes on March 31, 2016. Participants enter to win prizes at GoOverseas.com/GenerationStudyAbroad.
- Anyone who wants to nominate a friend to study abroad can register at Gooverseas.com/GenerationStudyAbroad/Alumni. They will be given a unique link to share that will track how many students they have inspired to #GoStudyAbroad. Share your link by tagging friends on social media and using the hashtag #GoStudyAbroad.
- After you enter your nominations, the student(s) receive an email asking them to enter to #GoStudyAbroad online. Students who enter and answer in 250 characters why they want to study abroad and how it will complement their goals are automatically entered to win a grand prize $10,000 scholarship to study abroad anywhere in the world. Students are also automatically entered to win $5,000 study abroad scholarships. After the end of the contest period, IIE and Go Overseas will select the winners.
- The top nominator will win a free roundtrip ticket back to country where s/he studied abroad. The more students you nominate to #GoStudyAbroad, the higher your chance of travel prizes. In order to participate in the chance to win, you must nominate individuals through Gooverseas.com/GenerationStudyAbroad/Alumni.
- College students may enter the contest directly, even without being nominated. To enter directly, enter to #GoStudyAbroad and answer in 250 characters why you want to study abroad and how it will complement your goals at GoOverseas.com/GenerationStudyAbroad.
- Read the full terms and conditions at GoOverseas.com/GenerationStudyAbroad for official rules.